Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Saturday, February 4, 2017

Audiobook review ~ Paralyzed (Vagabond Circus #2) by Sarah Noffke

Paralyzed AudiobookParalyzed: Vagabond Circus, Book 2
Written by: Sarah Noffke
Narrated by: Steve Barnes
Length: 7 hrs and 28 mins 
Series: Vagabond Circus, Book 2
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:12-30-16
Publisher: Sarah Noffke

When the worst case scenario befalls the Vagabond Circus, Zuma knows she must ensure it doesn't fall to doom. Titus's job is to guarantee the show goes on, while the acrobats seek to avenge and rescue. Jack has no idea that he's about to levitate himself into a deadly situation, and only Zuma and Finley can save him from a threat unlike what most have ever encountered. In this second whimsical and dark installment of the Vagabond Circus tale, the listener learns just how the ringmaster, Dr. Dave Raydon, rescued everyone in his troupe and also brought love and treasures into their lives. The unveiling of this history only brings more mystery as the true enemy to Vagabond Circus is unveiled. Charles Knight isn't an evil man with a deadly agenda. He's the worst kind of human being and he won't stop until he's ruined everyone and everything that the ringmaster loves. Paralyzed is an episodic ride that unravels the pieces of this fantasy circus one act at a time.
Image may contain: text and water

Image may contain: text

MY REVIEW
🌟🌟🌟🌟

I want to start by saying I LOVE SARAH NOFFKE!!!
I have had the pleasure of listening to all her published books in audio format!
I am a NEW and HUGE fan and I think her books are truly for everyone who loves a little fantasy and paranormal-ish creativity mixed with our modern world ... although I'd love to hear a story of dream travelers in a historical setting!!! ~winks~
ALL of her books need to be considered for tv or movies!! Seriously, who do I contact to make this happen????

I love Sarah Noffke and her dream travelers and the dream traveler world is MARVELOUS!

While this is a YA book it does have adult language and situations so a little caution should be taken when deciding to listen or read this book. There isn't a lot of it but there is enough that I felt it deserved a warning

This story had more emotionally charged moments and I felt a range of emotions while listening .. Shock, sadness, hurt, disgust, fear, love, hope ... and more
I was most shocked at the end ... A CLIFFHANGER that left me stunned and wanting .... NEEDING MORE!!!


as for Steve Barnes's narration ... 
 I did not enjoy his narration of this book or the previous in this series ... I found his low, slow , almost mysterious/evil/sinister narration gave the story the wrong atmosphere ... often times his sentences had spaces due to this style of reading and this style doesn't fit all the characters
I wanted more creative use of his skills at reading and creating a vocal atmosphere
He gave the characters more vividness in this book and I enjoyed that but that's why I felt like his reading narrative was lacking because I can tell he can do SO MUCH better

I won't write him off as a narrator I won't listen too because I think he's got the talent to wow me


No comments:

Post a Comment