Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Friday, January 6, 2017

#AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ~ Ren Series Boxed Set

Ren Series Boxed Set AudiobookRen Series Boxed Set
Written by: Sarah Noffke
Narrated by: Tim Campbell
Length: 17 hrs and 11 mins 
Series: Ren, Book 1-3
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:09-08-16
Publisher: Sarah Noffke

Publisher's Summary

A bordering psychopath must face the monster inside him before it tears him apart.
Born with the power to control minds, hypnotize others, and read thoughts, Ren Lewis is certain of one thing: God made a mistake. No one should be born with so much power. A monster awoke in him the same year he received his gifts. At 10 years old. A prepubescent boy with the ability to control others might merely abuse his powers, but Ren allowed it to corrupt him. And since he can have and do anything he wants, Ren should be happy. However, his journey teaches him that harboring so much power doesn't bring happiness; it steals it. Once this realization sets in, Ren makes up his mind to do the one thing that can bring his tortured soul some peace. He must kill the monster.
Image may contain: one or more people and text


MY REVIEW 
FIVE STARS 
*****


I LOVE REN!
I found him interesting in The Lucidites and then again in The Reverians series 
He was so sarcastic and dark that I was curious about him, his past, his life ... his dark humour, whit and sarcasm was interesting and I wanted more ... and I got it!!! 

Where the Lucidite and Reverian series are mostly  of a PG nature ... 
Ren's story is more of an over 17 but not quite an R rating nature! 
It's darker and contains more adult situations and stronger language (my kind of book) 
He is not for the faint of heart but he is SO worth the it! I found myself smiling a lot through out this series ... Ren's honest but his humour is dark (when it appears) his whit is dark or perhaps it's just more honest and edgy, his emotions are something else entirely ... I'd say he has none but as you get to know him, you see he does but they are just different than what we are used to
He's so complex and there is more to him than you think from the first two series I listened to ... he's fascinating and you can't help but fall for him ... yearn for more of him
I wonder what I'd think of him in real life!?!

I smiled, giggled, cried, gasped in shock and surprise ... this series has it all and I thoroughly enjoyed my moments with REN

Sarah Noffke was an unknown author to me not so long ago and now I am a HUGE HUGE HUGE FAN ...
Sarah creates worlds and characters that are so real, so complex and deep, so mind blowingly perfect ... I felt like I was a part of their world and I looked forward to escaping EVERY SINGLE DAY! This are stories I will gladly listen to over and over again and recommend to everyone
I want them all on my  bookshelf, on my kindle, and on my mp3 player!
ALL OF HER BOOKS (that I've listened to so far) should be tv mini series or a movie ...OMG! They are just so damn amazing

I wasn't sure how I'd feel about listening to REN read by another narrator but Tim Cambell ROCKS! 
He brought Ren to life in a way that was so fantastic he felt real I loved his ability to bring the darkness of Ren to life ... there was no question about who and what Ren was based on his voice/reading ... Tim Cambell is  REN!!!

I enjoyed the references to the other books and meeting the characters/friends from the other books as well ....
I do recommend reading or listening to these books in a specific order but I don't think you'd lose anything if you just picked a series to start with ...
I listened in this order: The Lucidites, The Reverians, Ren 


A note to Sarah Noffke :
Dear Sarah, you have created a monster in me ... I am a greedy little monster who wants more more more of your stories!
Love, hugs and complete admiration
Your new SUPER FAN

LISA



No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: text




REN BOX SET AUDIBLE : http://www.audible.com/pd/Mysteries-Thrillers/Ren-Series-Boxed-Set-Audiobook/B01LOS8AQM

AMAZON US : https://www.amazon.com/Ren-Boxed-Set-Sarah-Noffke-ebook/dp/B01J2WLVI6

AMAZON CA : http://a.co/7UOwJSd

Sarah Noffke on AMAZON : https://www.amazon.com/Sarah-Noffke

Sarah Noffke on FACEBOOK : https://www.facebook.com/officialsarahnoffke/

No comments:

Post a Comment