Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

#bookReview ~ Step brother Dearest by Penelope Ward

22843341

Stepbrother Dearest

You’re not supposed to want the one who torments you. 

When my stepbrother, Elec, came to live with us my senior year, I wasn’t prepared for how much of a jerk he’d be. 

I hated that he took it out on me because he didn’t want to be here. 
I hated that he brought girls from our high school back to his room. 
But what I hated the most was the unwanted way my body reacted to him. 

At first, I thought all he had going for him were his rock-hard tattooed abs and chiseled face. Then, things started changing between us, and it all came to a head one night. 

Just as quickly as he’d come into my life, he was gone back to California. 

It had been years since I’d seen Elec. 

When tragedy struck our family, I’d have to face him again. 

And holy hell, the teenager who made me crazy was now a man that drove me insane.

I had a feeling my heart was about to get broken again.

Stepbrother Dearest is a standalone novel. 

**Contains graphic sexual content and harsh language. It is only appropriate for adult readers age 18+

buy on Amazon CA  
buy on Amazon US


MY REVIEW

Taboo romance is not for everyone but let me tell you ... in this story, while they are step siblings they barely no each other and are almost adults when they first meet and live in the same home for a very short time so .. they are step siblings in name only. 

the first half of the book takes place when they meet and while they are teenagers ... the second half is 7 yrs later and they are adults 

Penelope Ward blends both times seamlessly and fills in blanks/and changes POV very well ... a book within a book is pretty cool (you'll have to read it to know what I mean) 
sometimes taboo romance can be a little to  weird for me ... but this one isn't one of those 
Greta and Elec only know each other for a short time and then go several years without contact 

It's a great story and sexy too ;)
There is explicit language and of course sexual content ... it's intended for over 18 

I really enjoyed this one!




No comments:

Post a Comment