Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Sunday, November 20, 2016

AUDIO REVIEW : 5 Love Languages - The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman















The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts


Simple ideas, lasting love

Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge! How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?

In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.

The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.


Are you and your spouse speaking the same language? While love is a many splendored thing, it is sometimes a very confusing thing, too. And as people come in all varieties, shapes, and sizes, so do their choices of personal expressions of love. But more often than not, the giver and the receiver express love in two different ways. This can lead to misunderstanding, quarrels, and even divorce.
Quality time, words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, and physical touch are the five basic love languages. Dr. Gary Chapman identifies these and guides couples towards a better understanding of their unique languages of love. Learn to speak and understand your mate's love language, and in no time you will be able to effectively love and truly feel loved in return. Skillful communication is within your grasp! 

MY REVIEW: 
This book was recommended to me and since i love audio books, I purchased it in audio. I have always enjoyed reading books that help to understand human nature, how to communicate and how to improve relationships (all relationships not just marriage) ... so when i was told about this book, it peaked my interest. 

First, let me tell you, that I actually just ordered the physical book online because i was so impressed by it. I only wish I could afford to buy this book for all my family and friends who are in relationships.
WHAT AN EYE OPENER!!! So simple and yet so profound! Amazing.  
Gary Chapman narrates the audio book and he does a great job. His voice flows well and you can tell he is a caring and thoughtful man as it shows in his vocal emotions.
It's not a long audiobook, less than 5 hrs so you can easily listen in a day or over a weekend like I did. 
I am pretty sure I know my own Love Language (or languages as i discovered that it's not uncommon to have more than one) and I might have figured out my spouses but I'm going to have to listen and observe a bit more to be sure.
I recommend this book (in any format) to any one who is interested in improving their marriage or relationship ... Even if you just want to better understand yourself!!!
Gary Chapman  wrote books that include: Love Languages for Men, Singles, of children, and more so there is a perfect book for you and the relationship you would like to improve

*** I've included some graphics I found  and some links to buy the books and for more information 












 























    





No comments:

Post a Comment