Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Friday, October 28, 2016

#AudioBookReview ~ Alpha Wolf's Pet: Hunted, Book 3 by: Eva Gordon

Alpha Wolf's Pet, Hunted Book 3 by [Gordon, Eva]


Alpha Wolf's Pet: Hunted, Book 3

Written by: Eva Gordon
Narrated by: Christine Padovan 

In the sequel to Book 2, Alpha Wolf’s Pet, Kept, the trilogy concludes with Alpha Wolf’s Pet, Hunted. 
Living with werewolves is a lesson in Mia's fragility, and stretching the limits of their antiquated pack protocol wears on everybody's nerves. Nonetheless, Mia is an official member of their pack, and Dominic's lover. Satisfied with their romantic and sexy exclusive arrangement, Mia is devastated when Chandra, Dominic's fiancée, arrives during his absence.
Dominic is worried. Is his love for Mia really his addiction to her blood? Will she eventually become his blood mistress and belong to her, commanding his body and soul? Before he can resolve the issue, the Russian Chess Piece mob strikes his territory. Faced with the king's command to mate his werewolf fiancée, and the mob, he has no time to explain before Mia does what she does best. She runs.
Danger looms for Mia and all werewolf kind as secrets are revealed about the mob pursuing her. But most disturbing of all, is the Lycan Intelligence Agency’s sudden interest in Mia’s DNA. Will new revelations destroy their love and crush their future? 



My Review 

(with a recap of book 1 & 2) 

I really enjoyed this story
It brought all the books together in an exhilarating conclusion. 
I am not sure if Mia is stubborn or just likes to push the wolf ... she's submissive in many things but independent, defiant , stubborn in other things.
Dominick is a true alpha werewolf/man 
Sexy and hot 
(although the 2 of the audio narrators make him sound angry, rough, mean, unfeeling)
I really like Eva Gordon's werewolf society, the origins of the weres, and how easily they blend into the world 
she really created a world that could be in our own reality 
Now ... the narrator! 
... from the beginning, Narrator Christine Padovan irked me!
I might be a bit of an audio snob but I didn't enjoy her drawn out "errrrrr" at the end of every word ending in ER or her drawn out words in general!!!
(She drags out most words at the end of a sentence or comment ... often sounding like run on sentences and/or questions)It's great to pronounce every word clearly but in doing so you loose a lot. 
Her tone was flat and abrupt ... mostly toneless, emotionless 
Her voices for the characters ... flat and/or over done ... I felt like I was listening to poorly read play lines in high school!!!
The sexual content is hot ... but this narrator left it FLAT and UNCOMFORTABLE to listen to
it was so monotone, lifeless, passionless, boring!
I love a great narrator, one that can seamlessly go from one character to the next (voices don't need to be over done, just slightly different to distinguish them) I also appreciate a narrator who can use her voice to add to the tone of the books emotions
This narrator didn't do that for me

Recap: Eva Gordon's Alpha Wolf's Pet books were narrated by three different narrators, one for each book!
I am not sure how I feel about that but I know I only enjoyed one of the narrators! 

Meghan Kelly who narrates book 2 

Alpha Wolf's Pet, Kept (book 1) ~ Narrated By Augusta Rivers
Alpha Wolf's Pet, Hidden (book2) ~ 
Narrated By Meghan Kelly
Alpha Wolf's Pet, Hidden (book 3) ~ 
Narrated By Meghan Kelly

I think I might have enjoyed reading these books but I don't regret listening to the audiobooks 
I read many reviews and a lot of people liked these narrators ... 
Two out of three didn't do it for me and really hurt my enjoyment of the books
I am adding the buy links to both the audio and the book links 


Alpha Wolf's Pet by Eva Gordon on Amazon.com



    No comments:

    Post a Comment