Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Audiobook review - Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic

27973958Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic
Written by: Meghan Ciana Doidge
Narrated by: Caitlin Davies

Publisher's Summary

If you'd asked me a week ago, I would have told you that the best cupcakes were dark chocolate with chocolate cream cheese icing, that dancing in a crowd of magic wielders - the Adept - was better than sex, and that my life was peaceful and uneventful. Just the way I liked it. That's what 23 years in the magical backwater of Vancouver will get you - a completely skewed sense of reality. Because when the dead werewolves started showing up, it all unraveled...except for the cupcake part. That's a universal truth.








MY REVIEW: 4 STARS 

I've been eyeing this book for some time and only recently decided that I'd grab it ...in audio version
First off ... Mmm cupcakes! Seriously, the names of the cupcakes and the descriptions ... I was hungry every time they are mentioned
Despite cupcakes being in the title the book is NOT about cupcakes ... well, not completely
it's about magic and supernatural beings ... sexy supernatural beings ...  and so much more

I was delighted by the story and look forward to the rest of the series and I am in love with the fact that Meghan is a fellow Canadian! WHOOT!

The reason I am not giving this a 5 star rating is the narrator in the audio book ... I loved how precise she read and her punctuation was bang on except her male characters, they came off sounding slow and dim witted =(

I thoroughly enjoyed this story though and would recommend the books to everyone who likes a bit of magic with their cupcakes!




Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (Dowser Series Book 1) 
by Meghan Ciana Doidge 
is currently #FREE in ebook format 

AMAZON US : http://a.co/4FCpHFL


You can find more information about Meghan and her books  here > https://madebymeghan.ca/


No comments:

Post a Comment