Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Blog Tour of The Siren Wakes by JA Hayman


 Title: The Siren Wakes
Series: The Sleeper Series #1
By: J.A. Hayman
Publication Date: August 10, 2016
Publisher: Clean Reads
Genre: SciFi/Thriller
Alex wakes in a field with no recollection of how he got there. He is accused of lying about his identity by the police and told his memories are false. He is forced on the run by the corrupt government or face almost certain death. Alex is led on a journey of self discovery, searching for the truth behind the sickness which plagues the country and searching for the truth behind his identity.
Who can you trust.. when you can’t trust yourself?
My eyes were slow to open; I had to shield them with my hand as the sunshine was bright and painful. I let out a gasp as I realized that I was falling backward, the wind rushing through my thick hair. I hit the ground, greeted by its hard embrace; I was lying in tall grass swaying in the wind, the sun rising in the sky. Sitting up, I realized I was in a vast field, seeming to be unending and empty apart from the regular fencing intersecting the fields. It was surprising how warm it was for the morning. The ground was already warm from the sun and the ever-present frost of winter was missing. I appeared to be in the middle of a sloping field of grass and wild flowers. The crest of the field was obscured from view, but at the bottom was a thin and winding country lane lined by tall trees. In the distance I could see what looked like the edge of a large town. The intricate masonry brought on a familiar feeling like I was home, but I had no recollection of being here before. I had no memory of how I had ended up at the field. The last thing I remembered was being on the rooftop with Terry, and now I was somewhere else entirely. Finally, it dawned on me. Why did I not remember why I was here? Amnesia? Dissociation? Had there been an accident? I checked myself for injuries, but there were none. Although I did notice I couldn’t recall buying the clothes I was wearing—slim black jeans, a black vest top, and a soft red hoody. Also, I realized my hair had been cut shorter. I ran my hand across the unfamiliar short bristles; it was clear that some time had passed, but I was unsure how long it had been. I started making my way down the hill toward the road in the hopes of flagging down a passing car. The wildflowers waved in the breeze; it was a beautiful day, a nice temperature with a clear blue sky.
Native to the UK, I was born in the Garden of England in the early 90s. I was creative from a young age, always wrapped up in my own world and fantasies. I was a big reader from a young age, reading Les Miserables and Lord of the Rings while I was still in primary school. I was fortunate enough to be able to travel a lot in my youth, from Hong Kong to Houston I experienced the world and gained a greater perspective of the world outside my small woodland village I grew up in. In secondary school I was told I was too cynical to be a writer and was put off writing for many years. Instead I pursued a degree in Physical Geography, gaining my Masters degree in late 2015. University gave me time to really discover myself as a person. Allowing me to pursue my passions and dreams to their fullest. I want to share my stories and ideas with the world. As a child I hungrily devoured fiction and now I will help feed the minds of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment