Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Audio book #review ~ One Heart to Give by Dawn Brower

One Heart to Give Audiobook


One Heart to Give (Heart's Intent Book 1) 

  • Written by: Dawn Brower
  • Narrated by: Jo Nelson
  • Length: 5 hrs and 14 mins 
  • Unabridged Audiobook
  • Release Date:07-26-16
  • Publisher: Dawn Brower
  • Falling in love with her best friend was perhaps the worst thing that could have happened to Daniella Brosen, until he fell in love with another. Circumstances beyond her control drive a wedge between them. It breaks her heart to leave Ren behind, but she believes she is doing what is best for them both.
  • Rendall Sousa tried to forget about Daniella. He didn't understand why she disappeared from his life, but does his best to move on without her. He loved Dani, but much to his dismay, she had placed him firmly in the friend zone, and didn't leave him much choice.
  • Years later, tragedy befalls Daniella's business partner, and it brings Rendell back into her life. She thought she'd put her feelings in the past, but one glance from him and they come flooding back. Can Rendell convince her he always loved her, or will she run from him again?




BUY LINKS 


Amazon CA http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01E519TPG


MY REVIEW
***
I am giving this book a 3 star rating as I feel it falls in between ... the story is a bit predictable but still a lovely story ... I'd certainly buy this in book format and would likely enjoy it very much with my own voices in my head playing out the characters
(I'd probably give it a higher rating)

I love listening to people with accents so I enjoyed listening to Jo Nelson narrate, mostly 
However, at times I felt bored with her reading and she seemed to stumble on some words/parts
Some characters were very animated and fun, while others were boring and I didn't enjoy listening at all
Jo doesn't sound like the age group for which the main characters are so it often reminded me of listening to an older woman read to kids except this is an adult book ... it just sounded wrong most of the time ... but she did bring some characters to life in a bubbly fantastic way. I wish she could have done that for more of them

while I am not a fan of the narration I am intrigued by Dawn Brower and her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment