Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

AUDIO BOOK REVIEW ~ Dying for Her: A Jesse Sullivan Novel Book 3

Dying for Her AudiobookDying for Her: A Jesse Sullivan Novel Book 3
Written by: Kory M. Shrum
Narrated by: Hollie Jackson
Length: 7 hrs and 58 mins 
Series: Jesse Sullivan, Book 3
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:08-20-15
Publisher: Timberlane Press

As he counts down the days until he dies, veteran detective James T. Brinkley struggles to keep his imminent death a secret, from one of the only people who can save him - Jesse Sullivan, a replacement agent with the rare ability to die - then resurrect. But every replacement is dangerous, leaving Jesse more vulnerable each time.
And it's his job to protect her. He will do whatever he can to fulfill this duty. He will not let her sacrifice herself, even if that means facing his death alone.
Yet they are outmatched by the sadist who hunts them. Still, he searches his dark past for clues and a way to save his future. But Brinkley has exhausted his options and buried his closest friends.
If he cannot be saved, his only wish is to prepare Jesse for the danger ahead. But how much of the truth can she handle?
Weeks is all Agent Brinkley has left.


MY REVIEW:
I really enjoyed this audio book (I am sure the book would be awesome to read too) 
I wasn't sure what I expected after the second book but I was thrilled ... I admit I got a tad confused by the time jumps (memories) but in the end it all comes together to tie up the story thus far! 

We, as listeners/readers, learn so much more about how things happened ... from Brinkley's POV... we learn more about him, about Gloria, Sullivan, Caldwell, Rachel and more ... I was so amazed as I sat there listening! 
What's going to happen next? I kept asking myself 

This book fills in a lot of the blanks from the past two books and reveals things we had no idea about because we have never been privy to Brinkley's story ... things I certainly wasn't expecting! I love that! 

I couldn't believe it ended, I wanted more, although I am not sure what I wanted more of (I am not spoiling the ending for those who haven't read the first two books! ... so NOPE, I am not telling)

Kory Shrum is an wonderful story teller ... I am LOVING this series!

Narrator: 
Hollie Jackson's voice is so suited to these stories ... she doesn't over do the male voices so they dont sound forced or awkward.
She delivers sarcasm and emotion well
I just love listening to her read a story 





No comments:

Post a Comment