Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Saturday, June 11, 2016

AUDIO BOOK REVIEW ~ Blown away by Brenda Rothert ~ LOVED the book, HATED the audio =(

Blown Away AudiobookBlown Away
Written by: Brenda Rothert
Narrated by: Kate Udall, Kaleo Griffith
Length: 6 hrs and 41 mins 
Unabridged Audiobook
Release Date:05-03-16
Publisher: Audible Studios

In an emotionally charged, wickedly hot novel of love and loss, a passionate affair gives two daring storm chasers the strength to overcome shattered dreams and the courage to build a future together.One year after her fiancé died in a heartbreaking accident, Drew McGovern decides to honor his memory by joining his old storm-chasing buddies on their latest excursion. What she's not so sure about, however, is whether she's ready to move on. Drew wasn't expecting to feel the powerful pull of desire toward Colby's best friend. But there's no denying the intensity of their connection...or the heat he inspires in the parts of her that are still very much alive.Aiden O'Neal doesn't trust himself around Drew. He's wanted this girl for a long time - long enough to remember the stab of jealousy he felt the first time he saw her in Colby's arms. Now he's trying his best to behave himself. But when the wind starts blowing and the adrenaline starts pumping, Aiden can't resist the urge to claim Drew as his own. Because when it comes to desire, he's hoping to make lightning strike twice.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Romance/Blown-Away-Audiobook/B01EZ67PCU


My REVIEW:

I LOVED THIS STORY! 
Brenda Rothert is amazing at telling stories!
I want this book in Paperback ... it's a #MUST have book!
I want ALL her books in paperback.
Emotional, heartbreaking ... beautiful and heart warming!
you get it all in Brenda's books! 
She's a master at filling a book woth so many emotions .. you'll laugh, you'll cry! You'll feel warm and fuzzy and pissed and bitter! and you'll love every bit of it!

I HATED THE AUDIO VERSION! 
UGH ... I am so disappointed with the audio version of this book.
 Kate Udall, Kaleo Griffith ruined this story ...I probably own't ever listen to another Kate Udall and Kaleo Griffith audio book again!
I couldn't stand listening to either of them read this book!
It took everything I had to get through the entire thing. 

The Characters in the story are younger, in their 20s,  but Kate's voice is more suited to the old women in the story (sadly she made every single character sound about 70 yrs old ... which was ok for Dot, she's 71!!!
Kate has a old lady warble in her voice and her voice is deeper like amuch older woman's and you could hear it in every single character ... it was awful to listen to ... the sex scenes were read by her made my skin crawl and I felt dirty for listening! I felt like I was listening to my grandparents having dirty sex! GROSS!

Kaleo Griffith wasn't terrible but he wasn't good either
I am just not sure he's a romance reader!

(sex scenes was cringe worthy read by him ... I felt weird-ed out listening ... I wanted to turn the book off) 
His voice tended to be boring and wrong and he has no business trying for a female voice when reading women's roles!

I will most certainly buy more Brenda Rothert books but I likely never listen to any audio books read by those two!


~Note: Brenda Rothert didn't pick the narrators for this book. The narrators were chosen after she sold the audio rights!
My advice ...Buy the book, you'll love it 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment