Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Friday, May 13, 2016

Review ( I LOVED IT) - IN DEEP by Brenda Rothert

In Deep (Lockhart Brothers Book 2) 
by Brenda Rothert 


25740235
I’ve got a secret. 

No one knows how I blow off steam, and that’s how I like it. Most of the time, I’m happy just being part of a big family in a small town. And those times I need to get away are mine and mine alone. 

My secret stays safe until I meet her – the woman who simultaneously pisses me off and turns me on. She seems like a wallflower at first, but it turns out there’s a lot more to her than I realized. Despite her hidden strength, she has a vulnerability I can’t resist. 

As we open up to each other, I realize she’s starting to mean everything to me. She doesn’t feel the same way, but that won’t stop me from doing whatever it takes to keep her safe – even if it means exposing my secret to her. I’m in way over my head, and all I can hope is that someday, she’ll feel the same way about me.


MY REVIEW 
Holy crap on a cracker ... I LOVED THIS BOOK! 
I read DEEP DOWN not that long ago and I  loved it so much I bought this book (In Deep) almost right away
I couldn't wait to read book two and find out what Lockhart brother's story was next
We met April in the first book ... she was Ivy's young teacher and friend  ... and I loved her but we didn't get to know her much other than she was such a kind hearted and lovable person and Ivy's bff

Mason was also in book one and we knew him to be a bit of a 'love em & leave em' kinda guy ... he wasn't looking for or wanting to settle down.

This book starts off with Mason not really liking April ... she was boring and frumpy to him on first sight and April over hears this and instantly dislikes him

Soooo ... we get some tension between these two right from the start (gotta like that)

They end up getting closer and becoming friends but April hasn't forgotten what he said about her and Mason doesn't want to settle down

As we know from book one, April comes to work for as the house mom at Ivy's house for pregnant teens and one of the teens boyfriends comes to the house and is a bully and abuser ... Ivy protects one of the girls from this guy and ends up hurt and Mason rushes to protect her (ain't that the sweetest thing? ) but he still doesn't want to settle down and April isn't the kind of woman you play with ... or is she?

Okay ... that's enough ... the story has it all ... some humour, romance, hot sex and great sexual tension ... and some great dramatic moments

I love this author ... I've only read two of her books now but I can see me buying many more of her book in the future (can I win the lottery now ... please?) 


For more about Brenda Rothert and her books you can go to her website: 








No comments:

Post a Comment