Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Review ~ Coming in from the Cold (Gravity #1) by Sarina Bowen

24917521

Coming in from the Cold 

(Gravity #1)

by Sarina Bowen


He can't have her. And he can't tell anyone why.

Ski racer Dane "Danger" Hollister does not do relationships, though he keeps his reason a secret. The real-life curse he's inherited from his mother will eventually cost him everything: his place on the Olympic ski team, his endorsement income, and his ability to fly downhill at top speed.

Reluctant country girl Willow Reade meets Dane by accident. Literally. Her skidding truck forces him off the road during a blizzard. Stranded together in his Jeep as night falls, the two loneliest people in Vermont find themselves sharing more than they'd planned. And not just conversation.

Yet neither can guess how their unlikely tryst will threaten Dane's frightening secret and Willow's tentative peace with her own choices. Only mutual trust and understanding can end their pain and give them a hard won shot at love.
 


for more info about this book and where to buy http://www.sarinabowen.com/cominginfromthecold/

MY REVIEW
I won a book of my choice from Sarina Bowen and this is the book I picked (never having read her books I figured I couldn't really go wrong right?) 
I know nothing of skiing or competition skiing which was okay ... this wasn't a technical book so I could appreciate the athlete and not be bombarded with sports terms and all that stuff 
I like reading and I don't mind reading about things I don't know (sports) but I want the story to be more story than sport and this book was just that ... enough sport for me to know Dane "Danger" was a pro athlete and to appreciate the life of an athlete 
I enjoyed this book from start to finish ... although I am curious what happened after this book ;) 
I believe in love at first sight/meeting ... even if you deny deny deny your feelings ... so all the crazy fast emotions in this book made sense and I liked it ... I liked how they fought those feelings 
I enjoyed the twists and surprises too 
Willow is a girl I could be friends with ... what a completely relateable character Dane is complicated in comparison but give him a chance ... you might be surprised 

GREAT book ... I look forward to reading more by Sarina Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment