Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Friday, April 29, 2016

5+ star review ~ DEEP DOWN by Brenda Rothert

25201617

Deep Down by Brenda RothertI’m falling. Faster. Further. Deeper. Sometimes you fall so hard you can’t get back up. My closest companions now are shame and loss. But a sliver of hope lies in the only person I have left in this world – the one who’s growing inside me. Survival becomes living again because of my child, and the town where I begin anew. That’s where I meet the man who starts to melt the ice inside my heart. As we get closer, reminders of my past become sharper. Clearer. To confront the pain, I have to discover what’s deep down inside me. Is there enough left there to become whole again, or am I too wounded to heal?



MY REVIEW:

I won this book last summer (2015) and it sat on my bookshelves since it arrived in the mail ... I like the cover and but the synopsis on the back didn't make me want to DIVE RIGHT IN and I am not sure why because it sounds like a good book right?
The other day, after I finished reading I was looking for another book to read (it's so hard to decide late at night after finishing a good book ... it's always hard to decide 'what's next!') 
I was going to pick up another book but I noticed it was a second book in a series so I put it down and picked up this one ...

I read a little that night but I had to sleep so I forced myself to put it down but I couldn't WAIT to pick it up the next day ... I think it's a READ IN ONE SITTING kind of book!

I finished the book last night but I wanted to think about my review before I dove into writing it ...
I am going to try very hard NOT to spoil anything ...

The book starts off with a teenager dealing with the death of a parent but determined to finish high school with great marks and start her college life and dreams.

Then ... the ULTIMATE betrayal changes EVERYTHING!

I was sucked into this book ... I liked Ivy right away
I want to tell you what happens to her and how it makes things dark for her but I can't ... trust me ... read the book ... you'll understand!
I can tell you, without spoiling the book, how shocked I was with the betrayal!
I heart bled.
I cried a little.
I was angry with how things changed for her.
but then I was happy and I cried again

This book is a true ROMANCE story
and I enjoyed the wooing ... the building of friendships, and love ... the building of trust, faith, hope, and strength.

out of the darkness ... light!

I felt so many emotions and very strongly
Ivy is my book friend I think and I adore her and her child too!
Reed ... aaaaaaah Reed! he's my newest book boyfriend ~winks~

If I hadn't won this book, I might never have found Brenda Rothert or her books ... fate? I'd like to think we have BOOK FATE too ... and my lesson learned here: don't judge a book by the synopsis alone!

I am a NEW FAN of Brenda and I can't wait to read the next book in this series

if you would like to know more about this author and her books ... 
you can go here: http://brendarothert.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment