Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Favorites #Ilovebooks

I have been feeling a little 'off' lately ... not sick, but not 100% either so I've been doing a little of everything
a little reading, a little knitting (wow ... nothing grand but still fabulous ...lol)
watching a little tv ... sleeping! Well, trying! =P


I thought I'd start a new trend ... FRIDAY FAVORITES

When I have no reviews to share I'll post a few of my past favorite reads!

Ready ... here we go

while I love my HOT AND STEAMY books, I also have a soft spot for Historical's




Historical Fiction Favorite: White Rose Rebel by Janet Paisley

Anne Farquharson is a Highland girl – tempestuous, bold, determined to be her own woman. Yet the clan Farquharson is threatened. The Highlands suffer at the domineering hand of English King George, while there are rumours that Bonnie Prince Charlie, exiled to France, is raising an army in a bid for the throne.
When Anne marries a clan chief and creates a shaky alliance, she is doing more than taking his bed. Soon she is drawn into the heart of a brutal and bloody conflict, and as the Jacobite rebellion escalates, she and her husband find themselves on opposite sides of the battlefield


My Review:

Wonderful story! 
I have always love stories about Colonel Anne ... beautiful courageous woman! 

The Battle of Culloden and the aftermath was written with realism ... not for the faint of heart and weak of stomach!!! 
I laughed, I cried (a lot)... I felt fear and apprehension, I felt frustration and anger ... I felt hope and love .... 

Reading WHITE ROSE REBEL swept me up in a time of bravery, courage, faith, determination and hope 



No comments:

Post a Comment