Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hard Ink series by Laura Kaye

HARD AS IT GETS (Book 1) 


Tall, dark, and lethal...

Trouble just walked into Nicholas Rixey's tattoo parlor. Becca Merritt is warm, sexy, wholesome--pure temptation to a very jaded Nick. He's left his military life behind to become co-owner of Hard Ink Tattoo, but Becca is his ex-commander's daughter. Loyalty won't let him turn her away. Lust has plenty to do with it too.

With her brother presumed kidnapped, Becca needs Nick. She just wasn't expecting to want him so much. As their investigation turns into all-out war with an organized crime ring, only Nick can protect her. And only Becca can heal the scars no one else sees.

Desire is the easy part. Love is as hard as it gets. Good thing Nick is always up for a challenge




I had never heard of Laura Kaye when I walked into our local bookstore (a usually disappointing adventure!) 
It's been a long time since I walked into that bookstore and actually walked out with a book ... it's small and they never seem to have any books that I like or want but I do enjoy the books! I love seeing all those books lined up on shelves, touching them, reading the back cover, smelling them! 
On this particular day, I found HARD AS IT GETS ... 
Who is this Laura Kaye woman?
Who cares! J.R. Ward's name and approval is on the front cover!

“Edgy, sexy, and full of suspense! A great read from a great new author!” – #1 NYT Bestselling Author J.R. Ward 
HOT Daaaaamn! 
Oooo oooo the back sounds pretty good too ... I'm buying it! 
and ... so I did! 

It has a little bit of everything to keep you reading and interested! 
this is the story of Becca Merrit, ER Nurse searching for her missing brother,  and Nick Rixey, tarnished ex-military with a distrust for the name Merrit!
I laughed and I cried ...I fell in love with the characters, especially the dog! ;) 
I couldn't wait to read more ... 
so ... I ordered it online because I knew I'd be able to buy it there! Haha




HARD AS YOU CAN (book 2)


Five dishonored soldiers.

Former Special Forces.
One last mission.
These are the men of Hard Ink.
 

Ever since hard-bodied, drop-dead-charming Shane McCallan strolled into the dance club where Crystal Dean works, he’s shown a knack for getting beneath her defenses. For her little sister’s sake, Crystal can’t get too close. Until her job and Shane’s mission intersect, and he reveals talents that go deeper than she could have guessed. 

Shane would never turn his back on a friend in need, especially a former Special Forces teammate running a dangerous, off-the-books operation. Nor can he walk away from Crystal. The gorgeous waitress is hiding secrets she doesn't want him to uncover. Too bad. He’s exactly the man she needs to protect her sister, her life, and her heart. All he has to do is convince her that when something feels this good, you hold on as hard as you can—and never let go.

   


                 So, I just started reading this book yesterday, AFTER I cooked supper and cleaned ... HAHA
I've learned a thing or two over the years ... finish what you need to before starting a books you've been waiting to read!

I look forward to learning more about Shane and the other members of the team and following on their journey to clear their names....
Oh and the dog! Let's not forget the dog ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment