Featured Post

#AudiobookReview ~ Released: Vagabond Circus (#3) by Sarah Noffke

Released: Vagabond Circus, Book 3 Written by: Sarah Noffke Narrated by: Steve Barnes Length: 8 hrs and 33 mins  Series: Vagabond Cir...

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The book that started it all ...

Hello and welcome to part two of my blogging existence ... the BOOK BLOG!
I thought I might try having a blog dedicated to my books ... what I'm reading, what I've read, what I want to read, etc!

I love books! Hardcover, paperback, epub ... it doesn't much matter so long as it's a good book (in one of my favorite genres) and I am comfy ;)

I didn't start, or even like, reading until I was an adult. I hated being told what to read, how much to read, when to read ... and I certainly didn't enjoy the books we HAD to read in school!
I'm certainly not a fast reader either, I take my time so that I fully enjoy the book and absorb the magic of the story.

The book that changed it all for me is OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon!

I was in my early 20's and my twin sister (she loved reading) told me to give it a try ...what harm was there in TRYING?
Ok fine, if you'll leave me alone and stop bugging me, I'll take your crazy book and give it a try!
I figured I'd read a few pages, get bored and never look back!
OH HOW WRONG I WAS ...


I started reading that book and fell in love ... in love with the story, the characters, the magic!
Oh my, I couldnt believe it ... I was reading and I was LOVING it!
I begged my sister for the other books ...
I bought the books for myself ...
I haven't looked back ... I've been reading every since ... more more more ... I can't get enough!
So I have to thank my sister for introducing a new world to me AND Diana Gabaldon



Aug 2000 - Fergus Highland Games, Fergus Ontario Canada
It was a thrill to meet her in 2000!
to date she is the ONLY author I've stood in line to meet (or met for that matter) and the only one to sign a book for me
I do hope to change that in the future though ;)

So, this is the start of my BOOK BLOG ... in the future I'll talk about my bookshelves (I love them and my hubby for buying me more and more of them ... such a romantic guy!)
What books I have on my shelves and what I am reading ... My hope is, in the future, to start actual book reviews!
I'm not great with words but I sure know how to talk ...haha

Thank you for stopping by ... Cheers and HAPPY READING

No comments:

Post a Comment